Chromline

Z surface quality/avoid crossing outline for travel movement

When movement behaviour are active (avoid crossing outline for travel movement), the number of retraction are reduced but the quality of the z surface are poor in some areas.
When movements are on the line of the outer perimeter (the last visible line to the outside), it has a deposit of the material that comes out from the nozzle during avoid crossing outline for travel movement (especially if they are long movements).
For example, if the perimeter is formed by 3 lines, it would be useful to be able to set the movement on the first inner line, saving the quality of the outer surface.
KiwiTinkerer

Re: Z surface quality/avoid crossing outline for travel move

I have the same issue. It defeats the purpose of the movement behavior function somewhat (I assume the point of this function was to improve outer surface quality due to the nozzle crossing paths and leaving ooze marks on the surface - it is great in this respect, but then introduces a new surface defect which is as bad as the one it removed?). Interested to know if there are any features that can fix this issue....
Eganwp

I also can't find the option or way to stop Z-scarring from nozzle travel movements across the top-most layer only... I can't enable Z vertical lift option for every single layer as it greatly diminishes overall outer wall print quality with constant Z movements and Z layer banding due to all printer's backlash.

In Cura 2.7 I just selected the option "Combing: No Skin" in order to Z-hop only all top outer layers to stop all nozzle travel movement scarring. This GREATLY increased my final print quality as most already know, and is probably the option I miss most that S3D doesn't have. :cry:

Thanks,
Travis
Chromline

After last upgrade to versione 4.0 the problem are always present.
If you have "Avoid crossing outline for travel movements" but you move on the perimeter (outer shell), finally you have a poor surface because you have a lot of travel on the outer surface.
If the travel movement was inside the part (or in the outer shell -1), you have always the visible shell without signs.
gimaxUser

I have the same problem whith the scratch markes on the top layer.

I just need an option, to perform a z-lift when crossing over the outermost top layer.

Is this feature even worked on, as I see the request has been arround for years now... :(
Z-Axis3D

Re: Z surface quality/avoid crossing outline for travel movement

I would also really like this feature. With multiple processes it is possible to do this (enable vertical lift for only the surface layers so that it is not on all layers) but it feels like overkill to use multiple processes for this, and it's quite fiddly to set up

Return to “Feature Requests”