arkcol

Re: Decreasing speed of small perimeters

Is it normal that S3D doesn't show slowed down perimeters in g-code preview after using your script?
Will printer print it slower anyway?
Luke321

You should see the speed reduction when reloading the gcode into simplify.
arkcol

Luke321 wrote:You should see the speed reduction when reloading the gcode into simplify.
S3D doesn't show speed reduction after using script.
CompoundCarl

I believe it only runs the scripts when you actually save the toolpaths to disk, since many scripts rely on actually being able to work on the actual exported gcode file. So you have to export it first to get the scripts to run. Then you can go to File > Preview G-Code file if you want to look at it again in the preview.
Viald

Re: Slow down for small loops?

HI. I tried your app but it changes nothing in my gcode file. Does Slic3r is able to provide such functionality ?
gapdev

There is a similar Python script that goes through the Gcode file and modifies it to slow down on small perimeters. It works great, but only on 1 file at a time. So I modified it to allow drag and drop of files and directories. If given a directory instead of a single .gcode file, it will iterate through the directory and all sub-directories, and change every .gcode file it finds.

Most of the time, I slice and save several gcode files for later printing and having to modify them 1 at a time is a bit tedious.

If you could modify your program to also operate on entire directory trees, it would totally awesome.

Kenny
gapdev

DarthRevan wrote:Mac Version was too big to upload to the forum (Link)
The Mac version doesn't work. Dropbox adds a lot of junk files to the .app. I think it should be zipped so that Dropbox leaves it alone.

Kenny
Viald

DarthRevan wrote:Can you attach your G-Code and let me know what settings you put into the app?
Sorry for my late answer. Attached the original gcode file I use.
I tried several settings without success 1/40, 5/40 ...
Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Frame haut principal.gcode
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 272 times
auggie246

Luke321 wrote:I made a script which does just that:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gnx004p8zm86n ... r.zip?dl=0

You need python 3.4.2
Create a shortcut to the python.exe and main.py from my postprocessor: C:\Python34\python.exe C:\....\main.py
Place the shortcut in the same folder as your .gcode file
Start the postprocessor and typ in the name of your file without .gcode
The program closes after finishing
enjoy!

In the postprocessor.py you can change the current minimum length value and speed.
Currently everything under 20mm is slowed down to 10mm/s and hardcoded :mrgreen:

This was made in a hurry but it worked with dozens of prints.
Hope it is useful to some!
Hi Luke, I used your postprocessor and somehow the nozzle goes to some imaginary point. crash into the top of my Z axis. screenshots shows the nozzle trying to go some places not even possible at the start, why is this so?
GregFisk25

Is there a reason this hasn't been addressed in the program yet???
Most of my parts are engineering parts that are big and straight, but with small holes. Its a nightmare.
Would it not be reasonably easy to add this script into S3D???

Return to “Feature Requests”