GregFisk25

Re: Slow down for small loops?

When printing with makerware, it prints fast where it can, and slows down for the the small holes.
With S3D, on equivalent settings and speed, it shakes itself apart only while doing the small holes.
DarthRevan

Shaking sounds more like Gap fill than just small holes. Can you attach your factory file?
blaknite7

Re: Speed Setting for small Circles

SpeedX wrote:Hello Simplify3D,

first of all big thanks for the excellent work you do :) I really like your software.

One feature that would make a lot of us very happy as we often print small circles, wholes, screwholes etc.

Please add a speed setting for small circles
Speed % and adjustable circle size for which the speed is slowed down.
And also a special circle wipe oozing setting to avoid ooze marks inside the circle like they now often happen.

For circles you generally seem to use a high infill speed and therefore the quality of printed circles is often very poor.
Also then the infill does not perfectly touch the circle.

Big thanks

SpeedX
This is a great idea for when you have a few small features like holes but still wish to print fast because the size of the part is large. a reduction in speed for perimeters below an adjustable length would be awesome!
Johncoffee

DarthRevan wrote:Updated my original post. Should be a link there for Mac again.
DarthRevan, the Mac link seems to be broken again. Could you upload it somewhere else?

Thanks a lot!! :D :D
Johncoffee

Sorry - my fault. All ok now. My internet connection blocked dropbox contents. Now ok !

Thanks a lot for this app - I'll sure try it!
GregFisk25

Can you give some suggested starting values for the app?
DarthRevan

• How slow do you want to print your small perimeter loops? Get that number in your head and then plug it into the slowed speed input field.
  • How big of perimeter loops do you want to have the speed applied to? Get that number in your head and then plug it into the minimum length input field.
JohnOCFII

GregFisk25 wrote:Can you give some suggested starting values for the app?
Filament type, temperature, and other factors may play a role too. I set my small loops for 15mm/sec for PETG, and closer to 25mm/sec for PLA. I set it for typical screw holes, so not too big of a loop.
GregFisk25

Perimeter being the circumference if its a circle? i.e. a 4mm dia hole would be 12.5mm?
Mannaburn

Hey guys, great thread and I think I agree in principle with DarthRevan about trying to get it fixed in the firmware acceleration settings. I don't see Simplify3d putting the arc slowdown fuction back in since they removed it in 2.x due to user issues.

Only thing is, I am still having issues with my rep2 with sailfish on arcs and sharp direction changes without a point. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to manage this issue in the firmware?

I saw from the sailfish manual, accel max X,Y is 1000mm/s^2 and speed change max X,Y 15mm/s for the replicator. Are these the settings I should slow down? Any recommendation on what works for others?

Return to “Feature Requests”