aes92000

information popup window

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:52 pm

i would like to see a bigger sidebar/window that shows more detailed info for current print happening

now top left portion shows:
build time
filament length
weight
cost

any way of adding a few more to a scroll window or a popup for:
extrusion multiplier
retraction - distance, speed
layer height
solid layers - top/bottom
infill %
support %
global x, y, z offsets
print speeds

DonStauffer

Re: information popup window

Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:35 am

I'd like a way to change the default width of the sidebar and its columns, or, failing that, the font. Also, for similar reasons, I'd like to be able to change the default height of the Select Processes for Printing dialog and its Process Selection Listview, that comes up when you click Prepare to Print.

I have lots of different profiles, and therefore lots of different processes, some with similar names. The default sidebar on the left of the window is too narrow so they get abbreviated with ellipsis. That means I can't easily tell one from another if the first 8 or 10 characters are the same. I can widen the sidebar by dragging its border, then widen its columns, but when I close and reopen S3D it returns to the default width.

Similarly, in the Select Processes for Printing dialog, I have to scroll down through the list of processes if the one I want is near the bottom.

In both these cases it would also be useful to be able to select process GROUPS for printing.

Return to “Feature Requests”