Jbc

Re: Cubic infill

IceSL has a feature they are playing with.
I've never used the software but found their developers are working on a lot of different things.

Here is a pic of their minimal infill approach-
Minimal Infill.png
A feature like this will help so much with time and material cost.
more and more people are casting their models in a ceramic shell and having less material to burn out saves so much time/money.

+1
S3D-Jake

These are all great ideas. Thank you so much for your feedback! We'll be documenting these as new infill options for future releases.

Keep letting us know what you as a community want to see in our software! :D
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
dylanhoen

I also vote Cubic Infill. I also had an idea about a porous infill for a speaker box. Cubic, with a little diamond shaped hole in the center of each face for air flow. That might work better with gyroid infill, though, which already lets air flow. It would also require infill with one of the bounding walls cut out. Maybe select an outer face to delete after infill is added.
1hander

another vote for cubic infill, i that infill on a friends prints and was jealous.. we printed the same part with the same infill, outer and base layers and his cura part was stronger than the one i made with S3d
gwhite

Yet another vote fort cubic infill. Due to the required print orientation, the model I'm printing now will be weaker than it could be with sparser infill. With S3D, I'm running increased infill for strength, which means it's taking more time & more filament.
ketukil

+1 for cubic (and gyroid) infill pattern :-D
Judge

+1
MrFixit44

For a lot of Prints Cubic is a must. Small pillars benefit from the trussing that occurs. Please consider making this an infill option.
stdekart5827

Cubic Subdivision would be great to see! Let the software decided on the density and size of the infill.
maddavo

+1 for cubic infill - S3D should definitely have this.

For the length of time that this request has been around, and the "advanced" nature of S3D - to not have this and many other infill options is quite poor. I would go further to say that we should have far more customisable infill options and patterns than we do now - some kind of scripting with variables would allow us to create all kinds of infills.

Return to “Feature Requests”