Argo

Extra internal perimeters using second extruder

Hi

I'd like a lot to have this option to help in making functional parts.

It would be great to be able to add extra internal perimeters using second extruder, this would aim at adding stiffness to part on the Z axis.

Example: Nylon is used for the part (perimeters and infill) but some carbon reinforced PETG in second extruder is used to print one or two extra internal perimeters.

So the part could have, from outside to inside, two perimeters printed in nylon from first extruder 1, then 2 perimeters in PETG from second extruder, then infill (using one of the extruder, according to other settings).

Thanks !
upsm

Re: Extra internal perimeters using second extruder

++
Used cars search engine
  • TT UP Plus 2 / Smoothieware
  • M150 / Smoothieware
  • Custom (mendel) / Smoothieware
  • Custom (darwin) / Smoothieware
  • Custom (darwin) / Marlin
  • Custom (darwin) / Replicape
neotko

That's actually very easy to do. Make the second extruder to reprint the object but assign a negative horizontal expansion so it prints inside your perimeters. That should just do it.

(Remember to ungroup the processes or the settings will be shared on both)

Separated processes share settings, un grouped ones can have different settings.
Argo

So Neotko, I tried your method.

Unfotunately, i can't prevent the "shrinked" object to overlap the original one time to time (because there is no equivalent compensation on Z axis)

So I come back to my original feature request, but thank you, it was fun to play with this option that way.

Return to “Feature Requests”