heathenx

Re: Feature Request: Smooth top finish / Extrusion width

I ran some tests last night on some calibration cubes. I didn't run multiple processes since these were small and didn't take much time to print. I played around with the extrusion width only and now have a better understanding of what it does. I'm still getting my best results with with an extruder width that matches my nozzle diameter. That probably shouldn't surprise anyone. In all of my tests I never got anything as nice as the OP's pictures of the Slic3r print. S3D actually throws up an error dialog if I try to go to low with my extruder width anyway.
jimc

i run a .35 nozzle and try to keep the width just a hair over that. i run at .4 width and get prints every bit as good as the original pic. problem is too low a width and there isnt enough material being extruded and you can run into layer adhesion issues.
heathenx

I'm going to be picking up a new Rostock Max in the next couple of weeks. .5mm nozzle is the standard size on that printer but I'm going to buy a .35mm from them and install it. Once I do that I'll try your .4mm setting and see what I get. I'm not dissatisfied with my prints now but there is always room for improvement. :)
davedfx

I change nozzle width to eg 0.25 and set extrusion width to auto. I get finer results like the one in the picture

Return to “Feature Requests”