Supergoldfish

[ALREADY ADDED]Multi part FFF features / options to increase productivity

-Would be nice to edit multiple FFF processes at the same time. Ability to highlight selected FFF processes, and edit. Very time consuming to edit each one individually. (If different process have different settings, just leave the fields blank to let the user know, this is how other software handles this)

-When I have 10 parts on the table, and add a new process for one part, I would like the model to already be set to the current model selected. (or multiple selected) Very time consuming to go through the menus to select each model every time.

-When doing sequential printing, I would like another option to print in order of the FFF process list. (For example, currently if I have 9 parts on the table, and each part in split into 2 process, .2mm height first, then .1mm last. I want each part to fully print before moving to the next part. Currently the slicer doesn't follow the process list.) I like to fully print a part before the next to prevent cool down of the part, less blobs and zits, no visible start and stops.

-I would like the options presented when "prepare to print" is pressed (sequential, which parts, height clearance) to be persistent. Having to enter all this in every time I want to make a small change is time consuming. Maybe save to the factory file?

Other - I would also like the toolbar location to be persistent. I like it on top, but never saves.

Thanks for the great software!
Jeff_Birt

Re: Multi part FFF features / options to increase productivi

-Would be nice to edit multiple FFF processes at the same time. Ability to highlight selected FFF processes, and edit. Very time consuming to edit each one individually. (If different process have different settings, just leave the fields blank to let the user know, this is how other software handles this)
You can already do this by grouping your processes.
Supergoldfish

Ah yes. Thanks for the groups tip, didn't know about it. I tried it out, but as I found out, and per the youtube instruction if settings are already different when grouped they are locked in and wont change (When editing a group). I guess I was hoping that by changing a group setting that it would over wright any setting within the group no matter what. Or better yet still wishing I can pick and choose each process I want to change by highlighting.
gearsawe

I would love this as well.
Once a process has been split it would be nice to be able to edit the common part between the two.
With 2 or more selected process anything altered in the fields would change the values between all selected processes.
Se attached for example change to interface. Highlight field in red which are different between selected processes. Maybe show values for first selected process. but highlight if different.
The model selection dialog would also need a change.
The reason I say a color is make it clear to the person the value they see/change is is affecting something different than what they see. also hover over a value would list the values for each process.
S3Dv5_main copy.png
S3Dv5 selection.png
Once a process is split it becomes a very annoying time consuming processes to make change you wish to be applied to multiple processes.
gearsawe

Re: Multi part FFF features / options to increase productivity

no interest in this? This drives me crazy when working with multiple process especially when I miss something which destroys a very long build.
S3D-Jake

Re: [Already Added]Multi part FFF features / options to increase productivity

Supergoldfish wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:06 pm -Would be nice to edit multiple FFF processes at the same time. Ability to highlight selected FFF processes, and edit. Very time consuming to edit each one individually. (If different process have different settings, just leave the fields blank to let the user know, this is how other software handles this)

-When I have 10 parts on the table, and add a new process for one part, I would like the model to already be set to the current model selected. (or multiple selected) Very time consuming to go through the menus to select each model every time.

-When doing sequential printing, I would like another option to print in order of the FFF process list. (For example, currently if I have 9 parts on the table, and each part in split into 2 process, .2mm height first, then .1mm last. I want each part to fully print before moving to the next part. Currently the slicer doesn't follow the process list.) I like to fully print a part before the next to prevent cool down of the part, less blobs and zits, no visible start and stops.

-I would like the options presented when "prepare to print" is pressed (sequential, which parts, height clearance) to be persistent. Having to enter all this in every time I want to make a small change is time consuming. Maybe save to the factory file?

Other - I would also like the toolbar location to be persistent. I like it on top, but never saves.

Thanks for the great software!
You can group your processes and any setting which are shared between the group will be edited across all grouped processes when a change is made to one of them. Very helpful for large projects! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbQfifnzL4Q
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”