SteveIsHeer

Build Statistics

Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:43 pm

It would be nice to have the "Build Time:" be changed to "Build ETA:" and add the "Actual Build Time:" below once the print has completed. With the current method of calculating the build time being so far out, this would allow a accurate build time result on every build. This is especially beneficial if the print finishes long before you get to the printer as the terminal window buffer only holds so much data and 9 times out of 10 I completely miss the terminal displays actual build time numbers due to them being kicked out of the buffer by the time I see the window.
It show's to go you how feelish you fool when your tang is all tungled up and you bart stalking tackwards!

KeyboardWarrior

Re: Build Statistics

Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:13 pm

I believe build time is calculated as follows:

-Loop through remaining lines to be printed
-Take the distance of each move and the speed of each move and calculate a time needed to complete it
-Add up all the times

To prevent from doing an insane amount of math, this is the best way to go about it. It doesn't account for acceleration changes, which are controlled by the firmware of each individual printer and is subject to change with any firmware upgrades.

Return to “Feature Requests”