lawndartleo

Re: Support for Prusa i3Mk2 with Multi Material Upgrade

Just another paying customer with the same concerns as many other fellow users. For my uses, S3D has simply been the superior solution. Now that I have moved to the Prusa MMU to gain some creative flexibility, I am forced to use Slic3r where I would much rather not (no disrespect to the creators and maintainers of Slic3r, I just have a working comfort with S3D that Slic3r provide... yet).
csimmerling

Me too. I've used SD for years and now have the mmu upgrade. I'd really like to keep using S3D!
Remedy

So any hope to see this happen while the MMU kit is still relevant ? Seriously disappointed by SD3 at this point, no excuse for it.
worekarolis

I was really happy with the S3D when I got it, but slow development and lack of new features forced me to use other FREE software. And now with Prusia MK2 MM and MK3 there is very little reason for me to use it at all.
shocksofmighty

I've made some modifications to a python post-processor called filaswitch (see on github) to allow use of of Prusa MMU. Checkout the cfgfiles branch: https://github.com/paukstelis/filaswitch/tree/cfgfiles. There is an S3D profile included (might need some tweaks) that you just have to duplicate and set the main extruder and the infill extruder to the appropriate tool heads for each filament you use.
Sixstring78

I'd like to add the i3 MK3 with the MM upgrade as my second printer and would love to see S3D support this.
Sylvian

Can someone from S3D give us an officiel answer about that ?

Are you working on it ?
Planing to work on it ?
Don't want to hear about Prusa MM ?

Regards.
octopope

I'm looking to purchase S3D for my current printer but will only do so if I'm sure it'll work on the Multi-Material Upgrade for Prusa i3 MK3 (which I have on order). What's the current status / official stance of S3D?

Dan

Return to “Feature Requests”