MisterE

First Layer Height (dimension not percentage)

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:33 pm

I would really like to input the first layer height as a dimension and not a percentage of the primary layer height.

No more calculating to get the perfect initial layer height.
No more forgetting to change the initial layer height when changing primary layer height.
Restarts would be simpler knowing the exact height to subtract from restart height without performing pesky calculations.
Set and maintain initial height for best first layer results.

Thanks

kemp-d-p

Re: First Layer Height (dimension not percentage)

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:18 am

I second this. Yes its fairly easy to do the math, but this would make more since, I would almost say to do this with the first layer "width" as well.

MisterE

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:57 pm

I agree with also designating the width as a dimension as well. Personally, I am not a proponent of any of the properties being prescribed as a percentage. It seems it is more cumbrous for the user who is more likely to be familiar with speeds and lengths at first glance than it is to take the time to calculate the percentage to get the correct value or vice versa. Perhaps it would be nice if there was an option to evaluate inputs based on either dimensions or percentages.

criton01

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:23 am

I feel that the only setting that should be a percentage is the infill. everything else should have a measurement.
So I agree totally.

Return to “Feature Requests”