benjaminhill

Bed Leveling Wizard - manual Jog Controls

When you first try the Bed Leveling Wizard, and it says "adjust your printer bed until the paper just moves," and if you are new to Simplify3D, you might not know that the manual height adjustment is under "Machine Control Panel -> Jog Controls"
Especially if you are coming from MatterControl.

So I'm thinking "wait, I can't adjust the height of my printer bed. All I can do is move the printer head up and down. But you can't mean that, or else you would have opened a way for me to do that, like MatterControl does."

Which led me in circles for a bit, until I finally assumed "yes, you do mean move the printer head using "Machine Control Panel -> Jog Controls", you don't really mean I should raise my printer bed somehow. So now I have my fingers crossed that is what you meant, and hoping I don't crash into my printer bed.

Request: make it more clear for new or transitioning users, or better still, open up a "z +/- 1" button from the wizard.
brian442

Re: Bed Leveling Wizard - manual Jog Controls

I think you're doing it wrong. It said to "adjust your printer bed until the paper just moves", so it wants you to adjust the BED, not just move the toolhead down. So try it again, but adjust the bed screws instead to raise the bed until it is close to the nozzle at each position.

Return to “Feature Requests”