CreatorG

Variable setting wizard, LAYERS

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:40 pm

I am wondering if we can have the Variable setting wizard allow for separating the processes via Layer instead of distance (mm). As everything is viewed by layer when previewing a print, it makes it difficult to match up what I see with what I want.

brian442

Re: Variable setting wizard, LAYERS

Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:44 am

Just in case you haven't seen it, the preview actually displays the XYZ position as well in the lower left. So even when you are looking at the preview, you will always know the exact Z-position of a layer.

CreatorG

Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:11 pm

I had used that also, but I figured it probably wouldn't be hard for the devs to add this in, maybe an option to select layer, z position, or height.

sforeman

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:52 pm

I will concur the the desire to have a better alignment between the units used for the variable settings wizard and the slicer. Every time I have needed to use variable layers I have had to iterate at least four times.
  1. slice with a single process and then step through slices to find the target layer
  2. use variable settings wizard to change settings at the target height corresponding to the target layer
  3. slice again and check the desired change occurs at the correct layer (always seems to be off by at least one layer)
  4. go back, delete all of teh wizard generated processes, reset the main process, and re-run the wizard with adjustments to the height values
  5. slice again and verify

tychop

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:54 am

Layer based variable setting wizard?
Yes please !!

On complex models it takes for ever to slice just to make a note of the mm's you see there.
It also makes it easier to create settings for the first couple of layers only. Now we have think of the layer height to calculate the mm's or slice and read the mm's. If we have a layer based variable setting wizard, you could just set the number of layers and be done with it.

Return to “Feature Requests”