paradigmcmi

[ADDED] print skirt with each extruder and better priming

When printing dual-extrusion processes, I sometimes use a skirt which runs the entire height of the object to "prime" the least-used of the two extruders between layers. This is especially true when printing objects where there are small printed areas on some layers which may not have printed space to wait for an unprimed extruder which has been waiting during a previous layer, sometimes up to a minute or more.

I'm not sure if anyone agrees with me on this, but I think It would be of a big help if we could:

1. Allow for printing of skirts for each extruder.
2. Allow for extrusion multiplier differential on the skirts, to help prime the extruders a bit before printing the layer.

If anyone else has any other suggestions to help in this sort of a situation, I'd appreciate your advice.

Thanks!
bubbasnow

Re: Feature Request: Skirt extrusion multiplier, et. al.

for dual extrusion only, i unchecked all of the ooze settings
uncheck.PNG
i add this to my toolchange in scripts, the extruder uses absolute distance so this should pull the filament out of the nozzle to the total length of 25, then it will set the distance = 25.5 so it will prime an extra .5mm to account for lost filament
toolchange.PNG
and these are my extruders retraction settings, i dont use any prime here because it will always prime for any pick up and put down.
retract.PNG
paradigmcmi

Thanks much, sir. When I run my next dual I'll give this a shot.
S3D-Jason

Version 3.0 has added an ooze shield which helps prime extruders. You can also setup a skirt which will print using all extruders in case you want to make sure all of them are primed at the beginning of a print

Return to “Feature Requests”