flukve

Adaptive infill, please

Hi!

When are you planning to add adaptive infill in Simplify3D? Cura and MakerBot print has got it, and eventually all slicers will have it.

That adaptive infill was not included in the new version 4 is the only reason that i for now have moved back on to Cura. The amount of
plastic a print requires is absolutely core to any 3D printed model, adaptive infill reduce both plastic and print time, significantly so.

And no the new separate processes features is not an alternative, great improvements on this front, but not enough.

Many thanks for the otherwise best slicer on the market, i have tried them all.
charliedrums

Re: Adaptive infill, please

+1
4truemodels

+1.000.000 !!!!
ASpurway

This is very important. Cura has it, and it is free. I am printing on a large format printer with build time and material costs in days and multi KGs. It would be great to cut down on what is essentially wasted filament and time while still getting good surface finishes.
Zaf9670

+1
railgunner

+1
starwatcher222

+ 1 user more

- this is my #2 feature request !!
gimaxUser

+1

I guess the tricky part would be, how to define which regions shall be changed.
Probably the best way would be to allow the user to import additional shapes and place them over the model and then allow the user to select for each shape what infill properties are desired.
flukve

Not really sure what you mean gimaxUser, adaptive infill would be controlled just like any other infill.
The "tricky part" is reserved for the simplify team to write the clever math / code behind it.

Google or take a look at cura, voxelizer or Makebot print to see some nice implementations of it.

Ideally i need something even better than those, like the treelike hierarchy supports that is found in
3D Coat printing or meshmixer, but instead internal (fully possible). Side note to team, we also want this
as external support choice in simplify.

The best actually existing implementation of adaptive infill however, is what makerbot print has got.
mischl

+111111 my #1

how others define the regions (with additional shapes) is mentioned in the first entry here with the slic3r link: https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7985

I've tried it with different processes when the part was separated vertically, but not happy with the detail where they interface each other. it will create own perimeters for each, not one throughout all, see: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3gvfG ... sp=sharing
Last edited by mischl on Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Feature Requests”