qsligh

Pursa MMU support

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:05 pm

Why is there such a lag in supporting Prusa's MMU feature? Many of us have a vested interest in both your software and Prusa's 3D printer because we've purchased both for their quality and brand name. I don't mind spending $$$ if I must to get the support for upgrade.

Remedy

Re: Pursa MMU support

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:31 am

You are not alone in this frustration.

S3D claims to be the market leading slicing software and gets well paid for it, yet lag behind support for one of the most popular innovative 3d printers.

My respect for S3D has been severely reduced after the release of Prusa MMU, product development is simply too slow or lacking. I would bet money that there are plenty of users that feel the same way.

3Dchill

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:15 am

Yes please add MMU (Wipetower) support for S3D because the lack of it prohibits me from using S3D anymore which I would really prefer to Slic3r, not only because I payed good money for S3D.

It's time for S3D to arrive in 2017 :D

Milhooz

Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:10 am

Same for me, since I upgraded my MK2S to MMU, I could not use S3D anymore, would really love to be able to use it again...

shocksofmighty

Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:53 am

While we wait for S3D MMU support, I've started looking into using an existing post-processor (https://github.com/spegelius/filaswitch on github) to work with the Prusa MMU. I've been working in the cfgfiles branch in my fork (https://github.com/paukstelis/filaswitch/tree/cfgfiles). I don't have the pre-print priming going yet, but I'm working on that.

To use it, use the profile that is in the hw_configuration directory and copy it for each extruder you want to use (change settings as you see fit; I copied these from another profile I found). Modify the Layer extruder and the Infill extruder to the appropriate values. Obviously, set your models to the appropriate profile. S3D post-processing handles removing the False Extruder used for supports. Then just put it through filaswitch (python3 filaswitch.py/bat). It will output a file with a purge tower.

Still in testing phases and happy to take suggestions on how to improve.

Return to “Feature Requests”