shasselberg

Dual Extrusion Confusion

Please simplify Dual Extrusion. There seem to be many points of confusion and inconsistencies.

In the Dual Extrusion Wizard you select which model is printed in which color by which extruder. Two subprocesses are created under a master process. Points of confusion.

- Why is the master process even editable? I assumed anything edited there applied to both. No. Not true.

- When editing one of the subprocesses for a color, why are both extruders shown? One is already assigned to that color. Can I change the properties of the other exturder? Or am I reassigning which extruder to use? It's not clear.

- Or additions, temperatures -- I can set either extruder's properties from either color's process?

- But not support? To edit support, I have to be in the specific color's process?

This is a bit of a mess. It's too easy to make a mistake. Can it be streamlined?
brian442

Re: Dual Extrusion Confusion

You might want to watch this video about grouped processes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbQfifnzL4Q

Many of these items are already addressed because the processes are grouped and thus share the same settings
shasselberg

Re: Dual Extrusion Confusion

Thank you for pointing me to that video. Very helpful.

I think I now understand what is intended, but it's still confusing. What stays the same and what is different is whatever was so at the time the processes were originally grouped? So, to change just a setting on one process, say retraction, I have to ungroup them, make the change, and regroup them?

I still think this could be streamlined.

Return to “Feature Requests”