zemlin

Re: Feature Request: Linear Advance

Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:50 pm

Are you talking about an actual slicer feature, or the ability to enable it?
I simply have the gcode command in my start script.

TheBum

Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:01 pm

RepRapFirmware calls it Extruder Pressure Advance. The G-code is M572 Sxx, where xx is the advance time in seconds.

Omikron

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:45 pm

Is it possible to add material-specific gcode scripts? If not, then there's no real functionality here.

Each material has its own LA values and having to modify the start script every time I change material is silly when so many other slicers handle it more gracefully.

S3D-Jake

Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:22 am

Omikron wrote:
Is it possible to add material-specific gcode scripts? If not, then there's no real functionality here.

Each material has its own LA values and having to modify the start script every time I change material is silly when so many other slicers handle it more gracefully.
Are you using a single extruder machine? If so, the starting gcode can be added to your material configurations. This would not be possible in dual extruder or multiple extruder machines, as those profiles already have the starting gcode tag assigned to the extruder autoconfigure sections.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Omikron

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:03 pm

S3D-Jake wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:22 am
Omikron wrote:

Are you using a single extruder machine? If so, the starting gcode can be added to your material configurations. This would not be possible in dual extruder or multiple extruder machines, as those profiles already have the starting gcode tag assigned to the extruder autoconfigure sections.
In this case I am indeed working with a single-extruder application. Can you clarify how to add starting gcode to material configurations?

parallyze

Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:43 pm

Omikron wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:03 pm
In this case I am indeed working with a single-extruder application. Can you clarify how to add starting gcode to material configurations?
Try adding the <startingGcode> tag to your material/quality sections like shown with filament properties here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14732

Return to “Feature Requests”