DiegoPear

Brim inside the object

Hello, I would like to suggest a change on the Brim. It is just on the outside part of the object, the inside stays empty. It could have an option where we decide if it made inside too or not, according to the object. The image I'm showing is an example where the object should have an inside Brim, because it has no adhesion area.

Link of image: https://ibb.co/mePfPx
ClintGoss1

Re: Brim inside the object

This would be a big win for me ... I'm currently doing this by hand in my model (in OpenSCAD) ... for the flutes I am printing ...
-- Clint Goss
lainlives

This is absolutely required for any real slicer software. Many models are completely impossible without it.
Reckham

Internal Brim/Skirt

Hi there,

as I am fencing issues with bigger prints I would like to request "Internal Brim/Skirt".
This would solve a very big problem with warping on the inner side for big prints :)
If there would be a way you could implement this in the next software update, this would be awesome :)

Kind regards
Reckham
S3D-Jake

Re: Internal Brim/Skirt

Cool idea! Have you tried using a raft? If you're seeing warping a raft may be a better option than a brim in some cases.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Reckham

Hi @S3D-Jake,

yes, I had already tried this, but a raft needs mostly more filament, is way harder to remove, poor surface below etc. There are more disadvantages.
Internal brim/skirt effects would be the solution for larger prints who face warping on the internal side of a print with a smooth 1st layer :)
horst.w

@ S3D-Jake

with raft you lose the optical outfit of the underside, an inside brim / skirt would be a better solution.

But your changing of system concerning the distance of brim / skirt has not reached the old standard as we had in version 3.xx
Before the changing I printed with 0,05 mm distance and I had the full function of brim / skirt to avoid warping and could remove it easily. Now, after your two adjustments, I must print with zero distance to avoid warping but can not remove it easily. Yesterday evening I wasted more than one hour to clean up 8 small parts from brim / skirt.
I'm sure, there is additionally a correlation with your attack to the system of First Layer when you cancel the 100%-rule .

horst.w
GER
S3D-Jake

So would the preference be to have one setting for skirt and brim that does internal and external skirts/brims or would both of you guys lean towards having individual settings for each?
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
horst.w

... I would prefer individual settings for each.

Individual settings are one of the things what makes the difference to other slicers.

H.
Reckham

I agree with horst.w

Optional internal brim would be awesome and could save many many prints

Return to “Feature Requests”