Maximus5684

Re: Network Printing - Qidi X-Pro

I ended up using a Raspberry Pi 3b that I had laying around to set up OctoPrint on my X-PRO. That combined with the Preheat plugin and this hack to save directly from Simplify3D to OctoPrint. Please let me know if anyone would like materials/instructions.

OctoPrint-X-Pro.png
revver

Hi Maximus,
I just today discovered Octoprint and, to avoid sneakernet, I am considering getting a Pi, installing octoprint on it and trying it. I have a Wanhau i3 clone, not an X-Pro but the info in your post seems like it may be useful. if you think so, how do get the necessary info you offered?
Len
Ferst

I had intended to purchase S3D for the X-Pro but after seeing this post, I think I will wait for this issue to be ironed out.

So for me: Same request, network support for the Qidi X-Pro.

I'll be more willing to pay for S3D after this.
pireybr

Maximus5684 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:38 pm I ended up using a Raspberry Pi 3b that I had laying around to set up OctoPrint on my X-PRO. That combined with the Preheat plugin and this hack to save directly from Simplify3D to OctoPrint. Please let me know if anyone would like materials/instructions.

OctoPrint-X-Pro.png
I have a x-plus, it will be awesome to have a tutorial, i just found something on forums, but nothing to a newbie to 3d printer and raspberry
DutchPeter63

Since I'm using a QiDi X-Plus, I'd like to automate some stuff too.

My printer is in the barn and my computer is in the living room.

I'd be great if I can control the printer a bit more. And use S3D "networked", of course
markeby

After using Octoprint with my Ender 5 Pro, I am about to chuck the Qidi out the window. It is a shame too because Qidi makes a good machine. They are clueless on software. I spent a considerable amount of time emailing with them and they have no concern about true remote printing. I have also looked into utilizing the serial port on the electronics board but the firmware is so crappy that it doesn't work correctly at all.

Seriously, I am about to put my Qidi Xmart up for sale to get rid of it.
franzdom

I have figured out how to do wireless printing using S3D and Qidi Print to my Qidi iFast.
I create the Gcode with S3d then open it directly in Qidi Print and then send it and print it!
dow4hurst

I'd like to know how Octoprint interfaces with the Qidi 3D printers. I have a brand new Qidi i-fast that works find with the Qidi slicer, but that isn't Linux compatible. I can run Simplify3D on Linux. So, putting Octoprint to work to tie things together would be really nice. The link to the hack makes sense. Is there anything else needed? Qidi provided a Simplify3D FFF file that looks right when installed. Can I send the gcode file using that model via octoprint because of a simplify3D plugin for octoprint?
Dow
ncauldwell

another e-max network support request.

Thanx
LAFOART

Wifi-Support for the QIDI X-Max please! Thanks!

Return to “Feature Requests”