bobcat

Re: Network Printing - Qidi X-Pro

wirlybird wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:25 am
Use the profile provided by QIDI. It works fine and in my opinion probably better than a "default" added by S3D.
Thanks. That's precisely what I did, and printed a figure QIDI Print made a mess of. Simplify3D made less of a mess of it. Decided to keep it for the slicer speed and some intriguing automated techniques. The rest of the suite is, unfortunately, useless computer clutter unless and until they find a way to implement network printing.

More to learn...
tenuki

+1 to network printing to QIDI X-MAX.
tenuki

I did a thing - it might help in the meantime? Hope it's ok to post here. It's how I'm printing to my QIDI X-Max until simplify includes this feature.

https://github.com/tkuebler/3dWiFiSend
swoop

They have dev WiFi monitoring app for windows, this is the link their support gave me. It works to preheat, control, monitor, manual move, remote print etc ( with any usb in the printer ) some of the app is in Chinese but i don't care, remote print/stop is great.

We have monitor software ,after you printer connect with network or wifi ,you can use this software.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r0iw2 ... iFUSPHwgPP

Our 3d printer can match Simplify3D,but ony use USB Pen drive .

Any doubts,please feel free to contact us.
Dannicus

Adding my name to the group who would like to see network printing capability. I have been using Simplify 3D for 5 years with all of my Qidi Tech 1 printers. The X-Max is the most amazing machine I have ever used/seen. I too am utilizing the FFF profile provided by Qidi imported into Simplify 3D with frankly the best results I have ever achieved in 5 years of doing this full time.

However, without the USB interface on the printer and the lack of network printing capability on S3D it will get old really quick running the thumb drive across the room, not to mention sans the direct communication with the slicer. I suspect you are going to hear this alot from the Qidi X-series users as they really are otherwise amazing machines.
HartHenry

bobcat wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:40 pm Add my raised hand to this request. AND to actually having a SImplify3D-provided QIDI X-Max profile, as one would expect from the sales website...

TBH, when the Simplify3D website said the software was compatible with my X-Max, I expected to be able to pick my printer from the list, and not have to jump through hoops to import a FFF written by QIDI, and then still have to use the QIDI control panel to send files for printing. Printing my first model from this expensive software as we speak. The results will drive either my satisfaction, or a refund. Hopefully, the claims I succumbed to when purchasing this wasn't all hype...
Use the profile provided by QIDI. It works fine and in my opinion probably better than a "default" added by S3D.
I do not understand "Use the profile provided by QIDI". I purchased the Simplify3D software because it was supposed to be Simple -- that is the first part of Simplify3D's name. I have a QiDi MAX as well, and prior to purchasing I ran the Simplify3D Compatibility Checker and the QiDi Max sits proudly in that list. When I purchased the Simplify Software -- the QiDi Max printer is no where to be found.
wirlybird

HartHenry wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:04 pm
bobcat wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:40 pm Add my raised hand to this request. AND to actually having a SImplify3D-provided QIDI X-Max profile, as one would expect from the sales website...

TBH, when the Simplify3D website said the software was compatible with my X-Max, I expected to be able to pick my printer from the list, and not have to jump through hoops to import a FFF written by QIDI, and then still have to use the QIDI control panel to send files for printing. Printing my first model from this expensive software as we speak. The results will drive either my satisfaction, or a refund. Hopefully, the claims I succumbed to when purchasing this wasn't all hype...
I do not understand "Use the profile provided by QIDI". I purchased the Simplify3D software because it was supposed to be Simple -- that is the first part of Simplify3D's name. I have a QiDi MAX as well, and prior to purchasing I ran the Simplify3D Compatibility Checker and the QiDi Max sits proudly in that list. When I purchased the Simplify Software -- the QiDi Max printer is no where to be found.
It means that QIDI has supplied a S3D profile to you for the Max.
If you want it from S3D you need to email their support since it hasn't been added to the list in the printer setup drop down.

Use the one on the USB drive that came with the printer. It works good.
S3D-Jake

Not trying to detract from the main topic of this thread but just so you know the requested profiles are included in the software!
Qidi Included Profiles
Qidi Included Profiles
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
LinacMan

Adding my request for network printing (and Control Panel) over WiFi or Ethernet. I have a Qidi X-Plus.
Deude_Mann

Same request, network support for the Qidi X-Pro

Return to “Feature Requests”