Maximus5684

Re: Network Printing - Qidi X-Pro

Sun May 03, 2020 1:38 pm

I ended up using a Raspberry Pi 3b that I had laying around to set up OctoPrint on my X-PRO. That combined with the Preheat plugin and this hack to save directly from Simplify3D to OctoPrint. Please let me know if anyone would like materials/instructions.

OctoPrint-X-Pro.png

revver

Tue May 19, 2020 2:16 am

Hi Maximus,
I just today discovered Octoprint and, to avoid sneakernet, I am considering getting a Pi, installing octoprint on it and trying it. I have a Wanhau i3 clone, not an X-Pro but the info in your post seems like it may be useful. if you think so, how do get the necessary info you offered?
Len

Ferst

Sat May 23, 2020 11:50 am

I had intended to purchase S3D for the X-Pro but after seeing this post, I think I will wait for this issue to be ironed out.

So for me: Same request, network support for the Qidi X-Pro.

I'll be more willing to pay for S3D after this.

pireybr

Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:49 am

Maximus5684 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:38 pm
I ended up using a Raspberry Pi 3b that I had laying around to set up OctoPrint on my X-PRO. That combined with the Preheat plugin and this hack to save directly from Simplify3D to OctoPrint. Please let me know if anyone would like materials/instructions.

OctoPrint-X-Pro.png
I have a x-plus, it will be awesome to have a tutorial, i just found something on forums, but nothing to a newbie to 3d printer and raspberry

Return to “Feature Requests”