TT_Vert

Re: Strange wall separation question

Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 pm

What I mean is that my layer heights are .300 however my first layer multiplier is .9 so it's a tad shorter. I did print out a diiicooler which i will eventually install.

horst.w

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:51 pm

It seems that you are not really informed about the function of the multiplier. With the Muliplier you can control the quantity of the extrusion.
The Mulitplier is a corrective to the filament diameter which is to messure best with a micrometerscrew.

My PLA for the Anet has actually exact 1.75 mm and I need 1.08 and just an hour ago I have finished a very splendid print, the problem was a nearly totally clogged nozzle.
The multiplier of 1.08 is surely not standard but tested out for the best results on this printer.
The cooling was zero!!!

If you want to print with the 0.3 mm layers and 100 mm/s highspeed in high quality than do it.

H.

TT_Vert

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:44 pm

In the layer tab there are first layer specific settings. I'm not referring to the extruder multiplier. My first layer height is 90% so it'll be that percentage different than the layer height.
Attachments
FLH.jpg
First layer variables

horst.w

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:53 am

"Keep in mind the 1st layer is 3.00x.90 so 2.70mm"

Dear Sir, that is wrong!

You have created an own process for the First Layer with 3 bottom and 3 top layers. That does never affect the print, because the First Layer is every time only the one layer, laying on the bed. Your 90% affects only this one!
Furthermore you have limited the print high for this process in Tab Advanced to 0.3 mm, will say, above 0.3 mm the 2nd process is working.

Your settings 0.3 Layerhigh and using 100 mm/s speed pushs the envelope of your printer. Oversized cooling as well. What do you expect?
But that I have written already and you don't believe it. Ok. Waste time.

TT_Vert

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:49 pm

I may be misunderstanding the start/stop printing height. If I had an FFF profile set to start at 0 mm and end at 3 mm (My first layer) shouldn't it also use the variables from the first layer tab (speed,width, height)? If so, my FFF which is for the first layer (or first .3mm depending on layer height) defined in this instance at .300 with a 90% first layer variable should be .270 no? I know it shows 3 top/bottom layers but I think if I cannot get that many layers in the defined layer height of the FFF profile it won't print them. At least that was my understanding. I could always just set top/bottom solid layers to 1 or 0 as a test and I actually think I may have at one point.

Dave

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”