Jimmyalenius

Make permanent firmware changes for Makerbot Replicator 2?

Hi! I got the Simplify3d software up and running with nice results, when connected via USB. I have a Bondtech extruder so I have to change the A-axis e-steps and that works when using USB. But when I print via SD-card the printer uses the old settings in the firmware. Is there a way to make firmware changes permanent? I can't find a firmware upload function in Simplify3D - is there an other way doing it?

Best Regards / Jimmy Alenius
JMP

Re: Make permanent firmware changes for Makerbot Replicator 2?

Did you go to tools/firmware configuration? If you select profile makerbot/sailfish from the dropdown and go to the x3g tab you should be able to make the changes you need there.
Jimmyalenius

Hi! Yes, I make the changes in the x3g tab but I can't write it to the printer. I want to overwrite the machine's settings so that it works independently without a computer connected.
kb0nly

What version of firmware are you currently running in the printer? I have seen this problem with older versions, watch what version it shows on boot or go into settings and version information and see what its running. Get it updated to at least 7.6 and it should work, but i recommend running Sailfish version 7.7, that will definitely allow saving the settings.

If you don't have it just download a copy of ReplicatorG, the Sailfish release, and then use that to update the firmware. There is full instructions how to do this on the sailfish firmware website. www.sailfishfirmware.com , his download link for the ReplicatorG software no longer works because of changes to Thingiverse and it's not there anymore, so go to http://replicat.org/download to get the ReplicatorG software. Then just follow his instructions and update.
kb0nly

Thingiverse search engine was being stupid, finally got it to work, it is there still but his link doesn't work.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:32084/files

Just download the ReplicatorG 0040R34 for whatever OS your using and then run that and follow his directions for getting the updated firmware on his website. RepG downloads the firmware so you don't need to download that separately.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”