Shadowsix

Need tips on being able to print an object on a dual extrusion printer using 3 colors

Hi, relatively new to 3D printing (about 4 months) and very new to this forum.

I tried to research to see if this was discussed elsewhere but can't find anything.

I have a FlashForge Creator Pro which is of course a dual extruder 3D printer.

I have no problem using the dual extrusion wizard and creating two color prints but there is something I'd like to print where the first half (bottom of the print uses filament colors purple (tool 0) & green (tool 1) and then at the halfway point be able to pause the print and change purple (tool 0) for yellow on tool0 and then continue the print to completion using the green & yellow filament.

Do I have to put this in the g-code file manually to tell it to stop and how do I get it to allow me to replace a filament without it canceling the print so that after replacement it can be told to continue to completion? Is there one of the wizards in Sinplify3d to setup & do this?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Shadowsix

Re: Need tips on being able to print an object on a dual extrusion printer using 3 colors

So is everyone trying to tell me that this is impossible with this printer?

Please I would like a response!
archery

Re: Need tips on being able to print an object on a dual extrusion printer using 3 colors

Hello,
I have about the same question.
How can I stop printing while I'm changing color and thread?
Is there a script to command, stop, in a predefined layer? If so, what command, and how do we do it?

Thanks in advance.
S3D-Jake

The age old question of how to pause a print automatically using Simplify3D's replace scripting command. The thread linked below will get you where you need to be.

viewtopic.php?t=2588#p10779

Some newer printers will have a specific command to initiate a filament change, so perhaps look that command up for your printer and use that instead of the basic "M0" as is suggested in JoeJ's post from 2015. :D
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”