SteveIsHeer

Is there a variable for actual print time

Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:45 pm

Does anybody know if there is a variable that holds the actual print time that is displayed in the console/communications tab when the print is complete? It appears to be the actual clocked print time and would be nice to send that to the LCD at the end of a print. I sometimes let a print go thru the night and it finishes long enough before morning that the communication buffer has scrolled past that entry. I have been editing the gcode library files and putting the 'actual' print time in place of the 'estimated' print time but would like to use the replace function in the post processing to display the actual print time on the LCD. I can currently send the ETA to the LCD but that is redundant as it is displayed in the build statistics area anyway....

Thanks
It show's to go you how feelish you fool when your tang is all tungled up and you bart stalking tackwards!

Ret

Re: Is there a variable for actual print time

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:25 am

If you use an SD card and have an LCD, marlin supports something similar. It'll tell you elapsed time from when you started it, and when the print stopped, so you can easily subtract the print time from elapsed to figure out at what time of the hour it finished. If you are not using marlin, then good luck!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”