dennisjm

Dual Extruder prints

When you assign a model to a process, you could make two processes and assign one model to the right extruder and one model to the left.
Can you do something similar with the dual extruder profile? I see you can assign the 2nd extruder to print support material but what about instead having the 2nd extruder print a 2nd model. Is the correct way to do this with just using two profiles, one for left and one for right?

What if you wanted to just print two copies of the same model at the same time with both extruders instead? Assuming small enough parts of course.
bubbasnow

Re: Dual Extruder prints

make 2 processes, one for each nozzle (be sure to include temps of both nozzle in each processes) and using the select models button chose the model you want each nozzle to print. when you hit prepare to print choose to print both simultaneously
dennisjm

See that's just it. That's the way you'd think you're supposed to do it. But either I'm missing something or it doesn't work that way. I choose one model for each process with select models, then select all processes and choose layer by layer continuous.
But the result is that the entire model just prints out with the right extruder. It ignores the 2nd process when I export.

If I choose the left process with just one model then the printer actually prints with the left extruder.
Monty3DP

Are you printing from USB? If you are, try exporting and printing from SD.

I have found that S3D is a bit buggy controlling the left extruder for printing...
dennisjm

No these are exported to sd card prints.
dennisjm

Perhaps someone can verify what I'm seeing.

Simply try to print two 20x20 calibration cubes at the same time.
In MakerWare it's simple. Just choose right extruder for one and left for the other and they print exactly the same time.
In Simplify3d I can't get it to do that with different extruders, let alone at the same time.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”