Deneteus

Re: S3D Development Update - Aug 2018

Considering it's a Sunday I would think not.
SweHogelid

S3D-Jason wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:52 am ... and we will be sure to post more information on Version 4.1 as it gets closer.
Any more info?
arhi

MasterFX wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:03 pm Every Slicer perfoms better than Cura
dunno where cura is these days on how the slicer operates but they started as fork of skeinforge with gui and skeinforge was (like any other available slicer at that time, no clue what commercial ones did) "bitmap" slicer. bitmap means - it would calculate a RASTER of each layer and then run a vectorization routing of that raster to generate G-Code. this way is very good in terms of "bad models" as it can usually slice "almost anything" and part don't have to be manifold and .. and .. but it is slow as hell. when netfabb introduced their slicer it was 1000x (or even more) faster then skeinforge as it calculated vectors in the first place (so it generates a vectors of a cross between faces and a plane)... I believe most current slicers moved to vector math but giving how slow cura is, sometimes I wonder if they maybe kept the raster engine of skeinforge :( .. S3D is certainly calculating vectors, and is a native app, not some interpreter (perl, python ...) hence the max speed.
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
MasterFX

SweHogelid wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:28 am
S3D-Jason wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:52 am ... and we will be sure to post more information on Version 4.1 as it gets closer.
Any more info?
Even nothing new on social media like promised since 12.9 (Í just checked twitter and facebook)
S3D-Chris wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:55 am ...
PS - We typically share a few extra teasers via social media, so you might want to keep an eye on that too :)
jfkansas

Think they went back to programming school.

Slowest developer ever.
Deneteus

We need a new thread called Re: S3D Development Update - October 2018 'We dropped the ball.'

I just spent the last 9 years working for a Construction Saas company where we had a Desktop application and a Cloud application and around the time we started working on the Cloud app is when everything fell off for releasing updates to the Desktop app. Even though the majority of our support renewals came from Desktop users. Matter of fact they tried to nix the Desktop app and ran into issues where the Cloud based app was too slow or peoples internet would be down, or in one case an entire state blocked the app.

Are yall up for sale? Do you not have enough programmers? Low on paid Beta testers? Outsourcing your programming? Or are yall working on a new product and leaving the Desktop users to rot till yall get it ready for presentation.

I can smell Development Hell from a mile away.
smeagollum

I haven't been in here for a while, and I was excited to see this thread, but not so much after reading it. It looks like history repeats itself: Promises made and broken.
Jasper

I don't mind they have a delay on the release, Problem is the lack of communication,.. I would not recommend S3D to my friends at the moment.
mzpx

Jasper wrote: I don't mind they have a delay on the release, Problem is the lack of communication,.. I would not recommend S3D to my friends at the moment.
Agree! :(
I do not really understand, why they cannot inform the users...
BladerunnerxRC

I can only hope that the "up incoming" release has some major improvements, awesome added features and of course bug fixes. It will have been a long wait to only have bumped from v4.01 to v4.1
Wanhao i3Plus
- Modifications: Flexion Extruder with HT Hotend, ADVi3++ Firmware, and BLTouch
Railcore II 300 ZLT (*Project not complete*)

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”