joesoap583

Profile Not Saving

S3D v2.1 If I export and then re-import a profile it appears that not all information is saved. Example follows.

Choose profile MakerBot dual extruder (left). Make changes, then export.

Close down S3D and restart. If I then configure a new print and import the profile saved above, everything appears to be fine. However when I attempt to print the job is sent to the printer - which then hangs without the extruders being told to warm up. If I manually set the temperatures then the job proceeds as expected.

If however I use the MakerBot dual extruder profile from the dropdown list the job executes as expected with no requirement to manually set the temperatures.

It therefore looks to me that exporting a profile can't be saving all of the salient information for the profile - when imported back in something is missing.
Posting as a private individual - 3D printing is a hobby activity.
Creality CR-10S owner.
jimc

Re: Profile Not Saving

if when you import the profile and look at the settings and they are all set the way they should be then your profile is saving fine. the profile just saves your settings nothing more. there is something else going on there. im not really sure what is happening so someone else will have to help on that part of it.
jsc

Try reviewing the exported FFF file with a text editor. It is an XML file, and it should be pretty clear what each setting corresponds to. See if whatever settings you are missing are in there.
joesoap583

This isn't actually a problem - the issue is a bug in the v2.1 release of S3D. Regardless of the fact that I am trying to print with the left nozzle of my Replicator 2X, S3D waits for the right nozzle to reach temperature before proceeding.

S3D needs to be fixed so that printing with the left nozzle doesn't depend on the right nozzle's temperature.
Posting as a private individual - 3D printing is a hobby activity.
Creality CR-10S owner.
Teejay187

I`m still having issues with this. If I change between profiles for different printers, the temperature settings and extrusion settings are reset to default. I can`t export the settings without the settings being reset. Please fix this.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”