ThingEngineer

Active Development?

Thirteen months ago bought Simplify3D for $149, I promptly downloaded version 4.0.0 and loved it immediately. I still love it, but, 4.0.0 is still the current version. Not one single update in over a year. Is Simply development dead? Meanwhile, other free options churn out updates and enhancements almost monthly. In fact, I find myself using these other options more and more to take advantage of certain features.

What can we expect in the next year? Active development, or no?
mroek

Re: Active Development?

The current version is 4.0.1, but you need to manually download that from the web site, update check from within the application doesn't see it.

And there is a version 4.1 coming shortly. It has been promised that information about this new version will be posted this week, so probably today I guess (unless they work during the weeked).
timothyz

mroek wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:21 am And there is a version 4.1 coming shortly. It has been promised that information about this new version will be posted this week, so probably today I guess (unless they work during the weeked).
I see you still have high expectations, a better guess at this point would be, hopefully we'll get something by the end of the year...
S3D-Jason

We just posted another update which you can read here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11463

We found a few issues during testing of V4.1, but they should be resolved shortly

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”