jmone

Re: Support for MMU2

Here is the print I did with S3D - a few faceplate for the Prusa. You can see the amount of wasted plastic and time. Also it does not show up well in the photo but there is a fair bit of black smudging where it was not completly purged out.
Attachments
MMU2S-S3D.jpg
Prusa MK3
jmone

Edit - Here is a better photo showing the above issue where the print head sits on top of the shield as it does unload/loads. You end up with big blobs that on the next pass the nozzle hits and you then get a layer shift. Any suggestions welcome, or is the MMU2S too new for S3D?
Attachments
MMU2s-Blob.jpg
Prusa MK3
siyavarma

Thanks for your valuable reply :)
jmone

I've been going back and forth with support with new GCode for the MMU2s and it is looking much much better, and far more reliable. A few more tweaks an it should be pretty good with the current version of S3D. :)

One set of features that are missing in the current version is the lack of any smart infill or purge block for filament change I don't expect to see such enhancement in the current version of S3D however. Maybe in the next version.
Prusa MK3
CmdrDelmonte

I have an Mk3 i3s on its way with the MMU2.0s

Is there any official release on this driver/profile or do I have to contact support?

I want to keep using S3D as I also have an Any Cubic printer so would rather stick to one piece of software

Thanks
cybrsage

I have given up hope they will actually create a usable profile for the MMU. One that does not require a lot of work just to do what I can automatically do in PrusaSlic3r. If they had any plans to support it, they would have done so by now.

The oldest thread I could find, asking for support for the MMU, is from August 2017. You read that right, almost TWO YEARS AGO.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7973&p=35359&hilit=mmu#p35359
S3D-Chris

We do have a MMU2 profile we can send you! Please contact us at support@simplify3d.com
cybrsage

S3D-Chris wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:17 pm We do have a MMU2 profile we can send you! Please contact us at support@simplify3d.com
Why not just make it public? Why so secretive?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”