jimc

Re: NEW version today, or yesterday...2.1.1

yes its kinda funny actually that the one thing that has never worked and never gets fixed is the check for updates button. you just have to download and see what you get. its like reachin your hand in the candy bag at Halloween. :lol:
3Drasle

I think they have done something to the way it handles start and stop of the perimeters, suddenly I am getting all most invisible seams.
Actually I am pretty sure they start and stop the way I described a while ago (like KISSlicer).

Could some one confirm that? :?
/Michael, Denmark
jimc

that would be great if it does. while this update doesnt seem like much i have a feeling its probably more substantial that it appears on the surface
3Drasle

Done more testing, and I am pretty sure they handle start and stop as I described below....
Re: Zits.

by 3Drasle » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:19 am
jimc wrote:
well its not really a software issue. its just settings that are tuned to your filament. kisslicer may just have had default settings that more more in tune with the material you happened to be printing. it would be impossible for the software to automatically take care of that since every roll of plastic is different. the zits can be caused by moisture in the filament. in which case those numbers would need to be upped a little or lowered for filament that is maybe a little drier. you will fine tune those settings with every roll.

Actually KISSlicer do handle start/end points different and in my opinion better.
KISSlicer move the start and endpoint inside the model, moving the seam into the model + you can have one seam where you want in stead of lots of start/end points
spread all over the model.

/Michael
/Michael, Denmark
/Michael, Denmark
TenKOhms

interesting i havent noticed that yet!
AndersE

Anybody tried to see if "wipe while retracting" is done in same way slic3er does it now?
CT4

Think I just found a bug. When I click on an STL file to open it in S3D it opens but places the model on top of the last model I was working on????
3Drasle

TenKOhms wrote:interesting i havent noticed that yet!
Well it could just be some other setting being reset when I installed the new version.
I am sure others would have noticed it by now if it was changed.
/Michael, Denmark
3Drasle

Okay, I think I know what is going on here.
The wipe is a forward movement past the start point, giving incredible smooth seam.
I have never had that quality before from S3D, didnt the wipe move back before?
/Michael, Denmark
AndersE

I have never before checked closeup on the preview how wipe is done, but in this version it prints to the last point in the loop and continues for set amount and "prints" an very thin line.
So it is dragging the ooze a bit..

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”