wildvortex

Is there a way to reverse the direction of print?

I have a part that under extrudes at one section all the time. I don't see any difference in the layers but it is happening. I could deal with this if it were not for the fact that this is a wing for an airplane and where it is under extruding is when it starts a new layer. the direction of travel is counter clockwise and always travels across the top (most visable) part of the wing. Is there any way to tell Simplify3D to travel in the other direction?
horst.w

Re: Is there a way to reverse the direction of print?

Perhaps you mean the options Inside ... / Outside .... in the Layers menue.

But if you want to avoid this totally, use Spiral-Mode, what is now going right !!!

Printing with a 0,40 mm nozzle is possible up to 0,80 mm (using a E3D-Nozzle, other brands may be different), otherwise change to a bigger nozzle.

Spiral test print is actualy running on my 2nd printer (A8), I will show pictures later.

horst.w
GER
wildvortex

No, not inside out but the actual travel direction. If I were to print a circle the printer always prints it with the nozzle traveling in a counter clockwise direction. Is there a way to tell the slicer to print in a clockwise direction??
blackbird2016

No, there isn`t.
Considering your 1st post and having problems with undextrusion at the beginning of the perimeter
changing the directon will not be a good workmanship solution.
You need to dial in your settings properly, e.g. retraction/restart settings....
arhi

no you cannot (and it changes direction using some weird algo... I would love to at least be able to tell it to always go in one direction :D ) ...

you have issue with priming the nozzle, just before you change layer you probably retract and then there is not enough pressure in the nozzle when it starts new layer ... reducing retraction or introducing nozzle prime (afaik s3d don't know how to prime nozzle but there are firmwares where you can setup auto retract and prime so that might work for you) or using firmware that knows how to do a pressure advance (linear advance) can help .. for start reduce retraction significantly and maybe turn on wipe/coasting if you get blobs with retraction lowered
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
wildvortex

I am beginning to believe it to be a slicer error rather than a dialed in error. The under extrusion happens at the same height position every time I try to print this part. Everywhere else is perfect except these two same layers each time it messes up. All the layers below are the same and print perfectly.

Believe me I realized that is not the best answer but sometimes it is the only answer. Worst case scenario I would rather the problem be out of site. So, given the fact that I have little more control over my slicer than Cura WTF am I paying $150 for??
BrainMcFly

check your model for errors with meshmixer or windows-APP "3D-Builder", they have good repair-capabilities
play with settings under Advanced -> "External Thin Wall Type" and "INternal Thin Wall Type" and set it to single extrusion walls
vary the number of Outline/Perimeter Shells

This often helps me with same problems

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”