klaxxious

Bed Leveling Flashforge Creator Pro

Hi All,

I am at a bit of a loss here because I don't know what to do at this point. I have a creator pro and my bed is being wonky. (technical term of the day yes I know) I go through the bed leveling program provided on the creator pro cd card and I make sure there is a slight bit of friction between the bed and the nozzle using a piece of paper. Yet when I go to print (doesn't matter if I use simplify3d or flashprint) the bed is to low and the melted plastic won't stick. So, to me, it sounds like its machine related being it doesn't matter what program I use to print with. Does anyone have any ideas?
dkightley

Re: Issue

In S3D there is a quick way of adjusting for bed height once you've exhausted the sliding papery way of adjusting the gap..and are stil getting adhesion issues.

On the G-Code tab of the settings is a section Global G-Code Offsets. By adjusting the value in the Z-Axis field you are effectively making a fine adjustment to the height of the bed.

Adjust the value in a negative direction (it WILL go negative!), you are lowering the bed....and t'uther way for a positive adjustment.

Adjust the value by about a quarter of your layer thickness...in a negative direction and try printing. If no difference, try the same again but by half the distance. Eventually, you'll either get good adhesion....or the extruder will be prevented from extruding, and you'll need to back off.

Once you have an optimum value, use that on all profiles until you do anything with your nozzle, as you'll have to run through the bed levelling & Global-Z adjustment again.

Hope this helps.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
klaxxious

I think its something further with my printer... I tried your provided solution and it didn't work. I even tried adjusting the bed while it was printing and it still failed... maybe its in the nozzle or something? It seems like there isn't an extruding problem.... but idk im totally at a loss here... feel like this printer is a 800$ paper weight lol. But your solution did actually move the Z. I appreciate your time and effort and I am open to other ideas!
dkightley wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:28 am In S3D there is a quick way of adjusting for bed height once you've exhausted the sliding papery way of adjusting the gap..and are stil getting adhesion issues.

On the G-Code tab of the settings is a section Global G-Code Offsets. By adjusting the value in the Z-Axis field you are effectively making a fine adjustment to the height of the bed.

Adjust the value in a negative direction (it WILL go negative!), you are lowering the bed....and t'uther way for a positive adjustment.

Adjust the value by about a quarter of your layer thickness...in a negative direction and try printing. If no difference, try the same again but by half the distance. Eventually, you'll either get good adhesion....or the extruder will be prevented from extruding, and you'll need to back off.

Once you have an optimum value, use that on all profiles until you do anything with your nozzle, as you'll have to run through the bed levelling & Global-Z adjustment again.

Hope this helps.
wirlybird

How do you know the bed is too low after a leveling? Is it an assumption since the filament doesn't stick?

What is the bed surface? Is it the blue sheet?
This sheet needs to be cleaned very good with alcohol.
Also what material and bed temps are you using? What speeds?

Also, when you do the leveling only level with the nozzle directly over the leveling screws. Anywhere else will just cause issues.
swmand4

Re: Bed Leveling Flashforge Creator Pro

I haven't used the stock provided script for my FFCP in ages. There's a good replacement on Thingiverse that provides multiple options, depending on the thickness of your paper and nozzle configuration. I haven't needed to adjust any global Z offsets in Simplify. I also use a glass bed with purple glue stick.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1698555
Ayres3D

Re: Bed Leveling Flashforge Creator Pro

It would help to have a little more information

* Is this a new printer? Or has it previously worked and now stopped doing so
* What type of filament are you using? For example PLA and PETG have very different requirements to get bed adhesion
* ]If you run the test print on the SD card from FF, do these print?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”