DotScott1

Re: Pause at Height (NOT LAYER)?

Also I forgot to post my setup:

Octoprint connected to Creality CR-10S 400 printer.
mroek

DotScott1 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:08 pm Actually... I think I figured out the problem. It appears that when you have a single object with multiple processes throughout (Process A goes to 5mm height, then process B starts at 5mm height) it tends to screw up the pausing script. At least when I copy that object (and it's multiple processes) anyway. Somewhere along the way I switched it to where the object only had one, single process instead of multiple and maybe that's what solved the issue. Not sure if that's a bug or just something in the script I was trying to run but... this works for now.
Ok, in that case it's most likely user error. You should also know that when you have multiple processes, the post-processing scripts are only run from the first process you have in the list, so you can't have different post-processing scripts in different processes and expect that to work. Post-processing settings for the other processes are simply ignored, so you must do all your post-processing in the first process.

However, since it's post-processing, it will process the G-code file after all slicing has been done, so it will all work out fine. You can pause at layers that belong to a different process than the one that contains the post-processing commands/script.
projectek

Haha, the post process command was take effective at the last process with software version 4.0.
But, now at the first process with version 4.1.
Does anyone know this change was documented anywhere ?
Or, we need to find ourselves every time a new version released ?
:( :( :(

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”