ChuckMcM

Arranging in a circle?

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:36 pm

Hi All,

I have a part that I would like to print 6 copies. I can import it, copy and paste it 5 more times, then 'arrange and center' but that makes the parts in an L shape.

The problem with that shape is that print quality suffers when the printer has to move from one end of the L to the other.

I'd like my parts to be arranged in a circle so that after printing the layer of one part the next part to print is always a known (fixed) distance away. This gives me even heat on all the layers on all the parts. How can I tell Simplify3D to arrange things in this way? Can I manually move them around and force the sequence?

--Chuck

S3D-Chris

Re: Arranging in a circle?

Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:34 pm

You can manually place each part with the model settings panel.Then enable the Print Islands Sequentially without Optimization option in the Layer Tab.

horst.w

Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:27 am

Yes, but the unwanted order to print persits!

Setting the objects in line produce an order 1-2-3-4-5-6-6-5-4-3-2-1-1-2 .......... will say, the start- and end point of the line is printed 2 time and that makes problems, mainly when overhangs or thin walls are printed.

Setting the objects in a circle doesn't change anything. the order to print is affected from the distance of the objects among each other.
The principal order - see above - persits and it makes no difference where the start / end point is.

When I print critical objects I add often throw-away-parts to set them as start and end point of the lines or circles. Thats unneeded trashing of material and wast time !

horst.w
GER
Print Order_1.png
Print Order_1.png (44.38 KiB) Viewed 126 times
Print Order_2.png
Print Order_3B.png
Print Order_3B.png (44.85 KiB) Viewed 124 times

horst.w

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:51 pm

Another very encouraging tray ....

I name it: Squaring the Circle ;-)