wirlybird

Where can I download the older versions?

We already know this about previous versions being on the computer.

What if someone had to reformat and doesn't have to older install files? How about actually answering the question for once and for all?!!!

Here is S3D-Jason last response.
"When you install a new version of Simplify3D, the old version will still remain on your computer. For example, if you were using Version 4.0.1 previously and you now install Version 4.1.1, you would be able to find both versions at the directories below, since the prior version is not modified by installing the new one.

C:\Program Files\Simplify3D-4.0.1
C:\Program Files\Simplify3D-4.1.1

So if you want to run the old version, you can just navigate to the correct directory and double-click on Simplify3D.exe in that folder. "
S3D-Jason

Re: Where can I download the older versions?

Simplify3D installers are only permitted to be downloaded directly from the Simplify3D website.

We only currently provide the latest installers for download, but I will be happy to suggest to the team to investigate offering prior installers in the future.

As was mentioned above, you can still find any prior versions you have installed on your computer by following those instructions. Installing a new version does not uninstall prior versions, so you would still have access to any versions you have used on that computer previously.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”