sitesurfer

Inner Wall Dimensions

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:35 am

Hi, up front I'd just like to say that I'm finding S3D a really good tool for production purposes - and I suspect that the following is purely something I have misunderstood.

The attached image demonstrates how a simple print, a tube which has a smaller tube at the top essentially, is adding an extra wall and decreasing the hole size internally by some considerable amount. The external dimension is almost perfect and whilst I could draw the difference out in Fusion, I think it would be beneficial to understand what I have done to have the internal dimension so wrong.

There's also another smaller less worrying issue with the surface not being rendered internally just I restart the infill (see photo), again that is a solid floor on the drawing and it's simply not printed. I do wonder if the fact that I have set the bottom layer for that part of the process to 0 and the top layer to 3 is perhaps causing the issue.

Could I ask the experts to perhaps indulge me by having a look at the image?
Attachments
s3dissue.jpg

sitesurfer

Re: Inner Wall Dimensions

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:04 pm

I got around this by having a single wall instead of 2 as the width combined was greater than the allowable space.
Just need to work out why the prints are now printing 5% smaller than before.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”