ImAThingsGuy

Start Script

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my 3d printer board to a Rambo 1.4 running marlin and have done a few test runs. When I start a print (I print from SD) the printer only starts heating the heat bed and not the extruder, meaning it will not automatically start a print, however if I go into the control settings through the LCD and set the print temp above the safety temp, it will print normally and well. It also doesn't move the x and y axis out of the way when a print is done.

I've been working with printers many years now and have never seen this problem. I'm unsure if this is a start script problem or a firmware setting problem. Previously my Simplify3D start script has only ever been a G28, and it would preheat itself and run a bed leveling protocol. I know different boards however have different requirements. As its stands right now this is my start script.

M140 S[bed0_temperature] ; set bed temp no wait
M104 S[extruder0_temperature] T0 ; set extruder temp no wait

G28 ; home all
G29 ; auto-level

M190 S[bed0_temperature] ; wait for bed temp
M109 S[extruder0_temperature] ; wait for extruder temp

Everything works except the extruder wont heat. Does it possibly have to do with the T1, T0, ect. labels in the temperature tab? Does anyone else with a rambo board have/have had similar problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”