designfactore

Start and Stop Printing Feature request

Hey guys,

This is a Start and Stop Printing Feature request!

So currently, after we've sliced a model, we have the ability in preview to review the build, layer by layer. If you select Preview By Layer, and move the End slider, at the very bottom you will see text, for example "(layer 0 to 75)".

So, wouldn't it be better to be able to say "Stop Printing at layer 75" and "Start Printing at layer 75", rather than height?

Yes, I could take my calculator out and multiply the the layer height by 75, AND, account for the potential difference in height I might have assigned to the first layer by percentage, but why? S3D already has all the info it needs by layer number.

If I can't have that, where S3D currently displays the text about layer number in preview mode, could S3D calculate and show me the height there? Or am I missing something here, please enlighten me if so! :D

This seems like such a minor fix, I hope someone will address this issue, thanks!!

Rob
TenKOhms

Re: Start and Stop Printing Feature request

I think one of the main reasons this is set to height rather than layer is due to the primary functionality of the start/stop feature is to restart a print that may have failed due to something like a hot end jam. It is much easier to measure how high you've already printed an object and input that in for where to start a print, whereas, it' would be extremely difficult to try and count how many layers you've already printed. Even stopping a print, it's much easier to visualize 20mm rather than, say, 200 layers.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”