S3D-Chris

Re: Paid upgrade For 2019 upcoming Version 5.0

frobozz wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:48 am I'm a moderate hobbyist user with both a Crane Quad 4-color mixing extruder and an older Dual extruder Monoprice Architect. I'm more than happy to pay for quality software, so no worried on an upgrade fee for version 5! Here's my wish list:
  • Easy switch between printers
  • a way to assign color and/or tools to portions of geometry without pre-processing outside of Simplify
    - Process now is laborious: cutting objects into sub-objects and then carefully aligning them in simplify; worst-case help me line things up
  • Multi-color printing / voxelization for color-map assignment, i.e. paint colors
  • Keep the object modify panel always open! I use it constantly as it is the only way to precisely move multiple parts on the build-plate
  • Much better support control:
    - Size the support manually instead of just having one size over and over again
    - Ability to edit supports after placement
    - Ability to use different types of supports like trees or angled supports to save on material
  • Decouple print speed settings from other settings like brims, ooze control, temp, etc.
    - I want to independently assign speed controls to a process as I print and not in any way affect the settings.
    - It's like in the UI I want a multi-property process that can easily toggle one aspect quickly, I'm using print quality vs. supports and temps as an example.
Thank you for your list of feature requests! If you have more great ideas please create a new topic on our Feature Request sub-forum. This sub-forum is constantly reviewed by our development team!
S3D-Chris

C_Birch81 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:37 am At the rate that they don't fix show stopping bugs that past new versions have added they not be getting any more money from me because they have shown a total lack of beta testing of version, a total lack of community feed back and a total lack of timely fixing bugs they have added that make the software not fit for use.

If you want to charge people for a new version after it was sold on the grounds of free updates then you might want to start showing promise in supporting the software and the community. Or is it a case of now that version 5 is due this year that we are going be left hang out to dry with the broken 4.1.2 version?
Our team would be happy to look into any issues you are having with Version 4.1.2. Please post your issue in the Troubleshooting and Bug Reports sub-forum and include a factory file if possible.
S3D-Chris

Newtron wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:44 pm Well great! I JUST purchased the product, now to read that the upgrade will cost me even more. That's not cool at all. I sure hope there is consideration as to when customers purchased the product.
We provide 1 year of free software updates along with your license purchase. This means that if you purchased the software now, you would still be able to upgrade to any version released within the next 12 months for free.
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/faq/#faq-5690
ctilley79

Can we get a teaser for Version 5? Anything? A screenshot to make people excited about upcoming release would be great. It doesn't have to be much, but it would help morale of your customer base that.
alexmit

S3D-Chris wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:44 am
nodle wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:25 pm Can we get a comment from the developers in this thread? It's like everyone is gone and no longer even responding. You would think they would want to comment in here and give people hope/an explanation on what is going on behind the scenes.
We will be releasing another Development Update this month and we can confirm that V5 development is still on track for release this year!
Will the development update talk about what the new feature set might include? It would be nice to know some sort of roadmap although I know you don't want to tee up a whole list of features, then possibly miss a couple that people will complain about if it doesn't make the initial release date.
grue19

damn i just bought it 4 days ago!

edit from another post: actually your purchase comes with 12 months of free upgrades. YES!
S3D-Chris

We recently posted a development update for Version 5.0 and answered some of the most common questions we have received since the initial announcement. Stay tuned for more development updates as the release gets closer!
PicoTreed

S3D-Chris wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:57 am We recently posted a development update for Version 5.0 and answered some of the most common questions we have received since the initial announcement. Stay tuned for more development updates as the release gets closer!
Thank you, but... there is nothing truly new in your update.
R&D for 3D printers, materials & software.
arhi

S3D-Chris wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:57 am We recently posted a development update for Version 5.0 and answered some of the most common questions we have received since the initial announcement. Stay tuned for more development updates as the release gets closer!
That's a "marketing teaser", or "marketing update", or whatever else upadte but there's a ZERO development related stuff answered there ... what's going to be there, what the changes are, what development made into it that's not in the 4.x, what bugs are fixes and what features added .. that's DEVELOPMENT update ... the "you get it for free 12m after purchase of 4.x" has nothing to do with development (and that's about only answer you gave in that post ?!?!)
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
B-H-S

what is today may not be tomorrow. I use it but prefer S3D

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”