gwhite

Re: Paid upgrade For 2019 upcoming Version 5.0

Here's what they said in January:

"At the same time, we are investing heavily into the development of Version 5.0, which is set to be the biggest update in our company's history. Version 5.0 will incorporate changes to almost every facet of the product, allowing us to make major improvements to the software. We also want to inform our users that Version 5.0 will be our first paid software upgrade. Stay tuned for more information about the exciting new features and upgrade pricing later in the year as we get closer to the release of Version 5.0."

It is now mid-December, and we haven't had ANY scraps of information on what "major improvements" and "exciting new features" Version 5 will bring. I am underwhelmed....
Wallabear

Finally got a response back from S3D support on e-mails that I have sent about V5 upgrade and extending the upgrade period for the people who subscribed after the V5 announcment. *I actually entered the wrong date I put 2/7/18 and it was 2/7/19*

Me:
"Request Details: I have e-mailed a couple of times in the past, and the recent communications have gone unanswered. I really would like to get an answer to my question other than the standard response of "your purchase of Simplify 3D comes with 12 months of free updates" . When I purchased S3D it was after the announcement of the release of V5, I purchased on 2/7/18 I believe. I purchased it because S3D said V5 would be released in 2019, so I knew it would come with 12 months of software updates. However we are about 14 days left in 2019 and there has been no release or any information about V5. So If the release is not in 2019 will you still honor the free updates for those customers who purchased after the announcement of V5 since it is not our fault that S3D had issues if they do not release in 2019."

S3D response

"Hi Walter,

Thanks for your email. We are all working hard to get V5 finished as soon as possible. As the release date gets closer, we will be sharing more information about the exact purchase guidelines and pricing, but we don’t have those details to share just yet.

Best regards,

~Simplify3D Support"

Just thought I would share the communication I got from them. . .
Ret

Just to make sure S3D isn't late

Countdown Timer:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... 20Deadline
S3D-Chris

We have posted a new Development Update that can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14166

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”