joesoap583

BuildTak Profile

I have been experimenting with Simplify3D profiles for use with BuildTak, and have attached a profile which works perfectly with my Replicator 2X. This may be of interest to others who want to try BuildTak as a possible means of getting prints to stick to the build plate, but which can be easily removed using a Cricut spatula.

BuildTak: http://www.buildtak.com

Filament: ABS
Infill: 25%
Extruder: Right

The salient feature of this profile is that the first layer height is defined as 225%. That's a lot higher than one might normally use, however the grab factor of BuildTak makes that height just about right. My prints stick nicely to the build plate without warping.

NEW BUILDTAK USERS: If you try using this profile and you don't find your prints stick quite right, try raising/lowering the first layer height at 25% a time until you find the optimum for your installation. As for any means of preparing the printer for printing it is absolutely essential that you get your levelling right - this profile will not fix a badly levelled machine. Start by printing an object with a small footprint just in case your print sticks too well (with a big footprint it can be difficult getting the print off the bed) - I have attached a suitable STL file. New users should buy several sheets - you will probably end up throwing a few away until you find the optimum settings.

Whilst I have no association with the company I am a big fan of BuildTak - one sheet lasts a long time.
Attachments
button_a.stl
Test button
(20 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
X2 ABS Right 25.fff
Simplify3D ABS Right 25% Infill
(7.62 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
Posting as a private individual - 3D printing is a hobby activity.
Creality CR-10S owner.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”