after24

First Layer Printing Issues

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:43 am

Hi,

This this my first post on this forum so I would like to say hello to everyone.

Here is a picture of the problem :
printing_issue.jpg
So I performed the XYZ calibration process again , recalibrate the extruder and set the first layer height. Everything seems to be ok
first_layer_calibration.jpg
But I get the same problems when I try to print the same part.

Filament used is Prusament PETG.
I use the following settings :
slicer_settings.jpg
Does anyone have an idea of the problem ?

Thank you in advance.

horst.w

Re: First Layer Printing Issues

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:18 pm

... may be the model doesnt laying exactly plane on the virtual print table , so in reality the printer gives out the material in the plain air (nearly)

Test 1:
Activate in tab ADDITIONS Skirt / Brim with the following settings: Skirt Layers = 1; Skirt Outlines 2; Offset from Part = 2 mm

In the print preview your model must be framed around. If the skirt frame is going under the model or the distance is no evenly your model hangs awry.
In this case select it highlighted and click to menue EDIT > Drop Model to Tabel

If the bottom of the model itself is unevenly , do

Test 2:
double click on the model, opens the Positions Window, set Z-Offset 1 or 2 mm deeper, so the model looks out under the table (this part will not be printed yet)
Try to print.

horst.w
GER

Sonnrad

Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:49 pm

I'm having an issue almost identical to yours except not with this specific model of course.

I've been trying to calibrate it head over heels for an hour and can't seem to pinpoint the issue. I'll watch the thread for any other ideas

wirlybird

Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:10 am

I'd start with this.
Layer height is pretty thick. Go to 0.2mm and the first layer is also pretty heavy at 150%. 100-120 max I'd say. No real need for more.
Slow way down for PETG. 40mm/s or 2400/m.
Extrusion multiplier is a bit high I think. Start out with what works for PLA and you may find you need to reduce it a little.
You'll need to adjust live Z so you get just enough squish but not too much. Probably less than for PLA.

PETG does not like to be squished and likes slow printing.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”