rsilvers

Multiple printer support.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:27 pm

I own a MakerGear M2 and will get a Delta. I can't find a way to add a second printer. Is there a way to do that?

wirlybird

Re: Multiple printer support.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:11 am

Go to Help and select the setup wizard or what ever it is called.
There you can select a new printer.
Can't look at it right now.

rsilvers

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:31 pm

That erases your old printer.

This software only allows one printer? Don't people sometimes own more than one printer?

rsilvers

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:34 pm

"Easily Switch Between Multiple Machines
Instead of learning a different software program for each 3D printer that you buy, you can now use the same application for all of your 3D printing hardware. The software can be quickly switched between different machine configurations, allowing you to control everything from one central application."

Claim to support switching, but I don't see how. Unless they mean switch by doing a new setup each time.

dkightley

Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:38 am

S3D DOES support multiple printers...and it is VERY EASY to do.

Use the Configuration Assistant to download the default set of printer profiles for your second printer. The profiles for your first printer WILL NOT be deleted.

Don't believe me? Sorry, there's nothing I can do about that!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

horst.w

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:43 am

I own 2 very different printers and switch between them without any problems.

I can only repeat what Doug is saying: Don't believe me? Sorry, there's nothing I can do about that!

horst.w
GER

wirlybird

Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:08 am

rsilvers wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:31 pm
That erases your old printer.

This software only allows one printer? Don't people sometimes own more than one printer?
It does NOT erase your printer. You have to remove printers manually.

I run several printers without issue.

Go to help and add the printer you want.
It will then appear in the list where it says "Select Profile" along with "Default" and what ever other printers have been set up.

billyd

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:54 pm

I hope in the future this happens more seamlessly. I've heard people say they use the edit process button and load one for the printer you want to use, as an alternative to the configuration wizard. But for me that often messes up the graphic display of the printer on screen. It works but it creates an annoying look. Half one printer and half the other.

I also cringe every time I change using the configuration wizard because about 10% of the time I do it, in my experience, it crashes the software. This leads to a required reset of the software to default and then having to manually import all my FFF files to get back to where I was.

I would like to see retained knowledge by the software, in terms of which printers you use, and allow you to simply click them from a menu (added as you use the config wizard for each printer you have) instantly retrieving the correct printer and any necessary settings changes that you incorporate.

It's slow and cumbersome the way it is now. I try very hard to keep from switching printers since it often leads to crashes. I hold my breath every time.

rsilvers

Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:14 pm

Simplify3D told me how to do it via email, and it works no problem and changes back and forth easily. But I guess they don't read and answer things here.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”