jgwinner

Spiral Floor

Is there any way to print the floor of a vase mode object with anything other than the flat horizontal lines? I'm printing a clear disk and would like a slightly more artistic pattern than a circle with some lines in the interior.

I've thought of doing 100% infill but maybe didn't get the way to make it really 100% ... there seems to be tiny gaps in all of the patterns, but I haven't tried printing.

My object is essentially a solid disk with a lip ... I don't see why the print head couldn't start at 0 and smoothly spiral out, but it seems like the first layer is always an (ugly) filled in circle.

Any ideas or other software?

Thank you,

== John ==
zemlin

Re: Spiral Floor

Don't have S3D handy, but look at Solid Infill - linear or concentric. Try concentric. It won't spiral out - it will be concentric rings, but that's closer to what you want.
jgwinner

Thank you!

Looks like it was "external fill pattern" under Infill, which I have to admit I didn't know what was :)

It would be great if it could go 'out' as I'll get a drip (I'm using a really big nozzle, .8mm or 1.2mm), but the spiral in at least works!

It seems like if I have a hole in the center it has to draw into the middle, which is a shame.

Thanks for the tip, I can work with this!

== John ==
Brehmer

jgwinner wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:20 pm Thank you!

Looks like it was "external fill pattern" under Infill, which I have to admit I didn't know what was :)

It would be great if it could go 'out' as I'll get a drip (I'm using a really big nozzle, .8mm or 1.2mm), but the spiral in at least works!

It seems like if I have a hole in the center it has to draw into the middle, which is a shame.

Thanks for the tip, I can work with this!

== John ==
Hey John, it would be great if you reported back when you get this done and talk about your experience. I'd love to get a more artistic pattern going too and I don't know how to accomplish that.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”