dkightley

v4.1.2 launched....

New version installed successfully. Just need to evaluate the effect on existing projects.....

And I'm always wary of such statements as "Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements."...which can cover a whole array of things One person's "improvement" can easily be another person's "new bug".
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
tonyno

Re: v4.1.2 launched....

Thanks for the heads-up...
smoki3

All my profiles are gone after installing 4.1.2.

I am on Win 64bit
wirlybird

If it is anything like that last versions then they have broken or messed up more stuff than anything else.
dkightley

All my profiles are gone after installing 4.1.2.
Did you uninstall the previous release before installing??? If Yes, then that's why you've lost your profiles.

btw You can load a profile from a gcode file....so if you have still got all your gcode files, you can recover the profiles used from them!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
wirlybird

The "release notes" are pretty much useless. If they are going to put out an update it really needs to be accompanied by release notes outlining what was actually done.

Any first impressions yet Doug? Any ideas on what is new or changed since S3D really isn't saying anything useful?

I'll probably load it tonight and see how it goes.
beejay81

Is S3D going to get 4.** signed by Microsoft and Symantec sometime soon, so it doesnt get pop-ups etc..... cmon basic stuff
S3D-Jake

smoki3 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:54 am All my profiles are gone after installing 4.1.2.

I am on Win 64bit
Our team made no changes to the profile management system with this latest bugfix release. Do you mean processes were cleared or profiles from your select profile drop down list in Edit process settings window? If you wouldn't mind, please create a separate thread for this issue in the troubleshooting and bug reports section of these forums.
dkightley wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:32 pm New version installed successfully. Just need to evaluate the effect on existing projects.....

And I'm always wary of such statements as "Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements."...which can cover a whole array of things One person's "improvement" can easily be another person's "new bug".
wirlybird wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:32 am If it is anything like that last versions then they have broken or messed up more stuff than anything else.
All of the bug fixes have now been marked as fixed. As always, Simplify3D installs side by side with prior releases. We're confident you'll be pleased with the new improvements and hope you'll continue to give your honest and valuable feedback! Thanks for your contributions to our great community!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
cairn

So far this seems to have resolved all the problems I was having with spiral vase mode ..
fingers crossed!
C:)
cairn

Ha!
Spoke too soon.
Spiral mode now includes random stalls, every so often the print head just freezes for .5 sec. Usually at the same point of the circuit (loop). Not helpful..

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”