pfschuyler

Profile Anycubic Predator/Kossel D

I have a new Anycubic Predator/Kossel D. This is an awesome new $600 delta with an amazing print volume. It works fine with Cura but my favorite slicer Simplify3d is giving me many issues:

1.) With default process settings, it heats up the bed and then starts heating up the extruder. However, it attempts to print immediately without waiting for the extruder to reach its set temperature. It waits for the bed but not the extruder. Under the Temperature tab of the process settings, if I disable "wait for temperature controller to stabilize before beginning build", it just makes this worse and starts printing before anything is heated up properly.
2.) The machine settings are set to Deltabot, with build volume X = 260.00, Y=260.00, and Z =455.00. This should be correct as 260mm on a side is the largest square that can be inscribed within a 370mm diameter circle, which is the true print bed area of this printer (370mm dia, 455mm height). Homing direction is set to Center on X and Y, and Max on Z. As far as I can tell this should be correct, but when the print begins it thinks the Z is set at the max of 455mm. It attempts to print in the air.... I could try to change the offset but don't want to risk this crashing into my new bed.

Anyway, it would be great if Simplify3d could produce a profile for this interesting new printer.
carlosmpino

Re: Profile Anycubic Predator/Kossel D

Hello,

I have an Anycubi i3 Mega (wonderful machine and good profile in Simplify3d) and now I just bought an Anycubic Predator, must arrive in a couple of days.

I sadly checked that there are no preset profile for this machine in S3D. Could you please tell me if you solved your issues? Could you share your machine settings?

Thanks in advance!!

Best regards,
Carlos
eso

I have attached a S3D profile for the predator that works work me - the printer at the moment of writing this prints a 3DBenchy with it. I also had the problem that the generated gcode started printing before the extruder was heated up but I assume it was because the option "Wait for temperature controller to stabilize..." not being enabled in the temperature settings for the extruder. In the attached profile this option should already be enabled.

Addition: I can confirm that with the option enabled the printer now waits until the extruder is heated up. Printing with the profile now works without problems for me.
Attachments
Predator 0.4mm.fff
(14.41 KiB) Downloaded 2457 times
Last edited by eso on Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
S3D-Chris

Please contact us at support@simplify3d.com and we will send you a profile to try!
Psykeus

I just wanted to update this post for anyone else who reviews this with their Delt Printer.
You do not set the build volume of the X and Y axis to 270mm for a 370mm build volume on a delt printer.
While this may be the size of a cube that you can print inside of this size circle, the fact that it is a delt machine profile means that it knows to print in a cylindrical build volume with the sizes you set up for the X and Y-axis.

So be sure to set your X and Y-Axis to 370mm and your Z to 455mm!

As for the proper machine setup, send an email to support@simplify3d.com for any printer build you have, and they will send you a profile to use.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”