xpim3D

Slower speed for Dense Support - script?

Hello.

Regarding PVA usage in Dense Support on a TPU part, i'm finding that the speed has to be quite slow for those interface layers.

The thing is that these are large models and printing every part of the support at that slowest speed would take days (on top of the regular pint time).
(The support has to be all PVA, so suggesting only the interface layers should be will be pointless.)

I have occasionally went through the G-code and replaced the speeds for Dense Support regions, but that takes hours, and if i change anything on S3D it will go downs the drain.

Would there any way to do this via scripts on S3D? (i Was reading about those but i'm not skillful enough to get to an hypothesis).

Tks o/
cbarry

Re: Slower speed for Dense Support - script?

Shooting from the hip here, but you might want to experiment with the layer change script section. It's likely you'll know the layers of the model that are at interface points, and those will likely not change, so you can test for the layer, and if it matches, slow down for that layer only. If it's not a matching layer from a list of layers, then go at normal speed.

Probably more time consuming, but you could also create separate process for the PVA extruder that set the start/stop layers and control speeds there.
DarthRevan

Re: Slower speed for Dense Support - script?

I wrote this a while back. https://github.com/quotetherevan/slowDownFeatures

You'll need to update it a bit, as the comments in Simplify3D were updated to a new format in version 4.1.0

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”