grue19

speeding up after finding perfect print settings

Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:52 pm

first, it's been a fantastic week with s3d. it seems like every little change i make is noticeably visible in my test prints compared to other softwares. i don't know how you guys do it. great job.

ok. so in theory, i have found the perfect settings for my printer. the settings aren't as important in my question, but the relation of the settings and print speed is important. my print speed is 40mm/s with underspeeds pretty much standard for my printer profile. my temperature is 195 for filament. i set my esteps by using the extrusion multiplier, i extruded 100mm via the machine control and found that i was under extruding by nearly 8mm!

ok - so lets now say that's my gold standard. for settings. now, lets say that i want to print faster. is the best approach to leave all my gold standard settings as is, then use either the speed control on my printer (cr10s) or use the override settings in the machine control panel for movement and extrusion.

for example, if i wanted to print 25% faster, it seems like i should keep all my gold standards and use the movement dial to change to 125% and then use the extrusion dial to change to 125%?

what i'm getting at here, if one adjusts the print speed settings in the process settings, would i then have to adjust extrusion and or temperature etc... all to find a new gold standard for a higher speed. OR can it all be handled automagically by using the override dials to increase movement and extursion.

further, would you have to increase the temperatures from my current gold standard because now i'm printing faster?

see what i'm getting at?

thanks!

wirlybird

Re: speeding up after finding perfect print settings

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 am

Adjust speed in the slicer. You really only need to adjust the overall speed.
See how it prints.
The most likely thing you will need to do is increase the temp from 195 to keep the filament flowing but don't over do it and only as needed.

The other settings should be ok for the most part.

grue19

Re: speeding up after finding perfect print settings

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:19 pm

thanks. i will do some tests!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”